Monday 9 February 2015

Post production log

 In the past couple of weeks after filming I have helped edited whilst Emily has assisted our footage and filtered the good clips from the bad; eliminating the clips that were out of focus, contrast difficulties or wasn't fit for our overall noir style.

We have decided to use Final Cut Pro to edit our sequence as we are more familiar with the programme meaning we are more confident with our ability to create original effects and will flow better aesthetically; this is because the programme includes more effects and settings than any other featured editing software and overall is more advanced.


In the first picture I am using the colour correction tool, which removes all colour in the clips except red hues. This tool in Final Cut Pro is a dropper selection tool that you can use to edit the saturation, exposure, and colour of a shot. This will give our OTS a noir type look by extracting all colours apart from red. This was included in our featured ideas in the beginning of our planning; this was inspired from our Sin City style. 

In the second photo I have been using Final Cut Pro to experiment with effects and settings in order to create our idents. We are creating two in total, Red Products (As pictures) and another undecided company. I have created a blood splatter in photoshop and  will apply the company name to This somewhere within the design. This picture also splatters onto the screen as I have found a transition on Final Cut Pro which allowed me to move the picture in order to create this.

 I will in the future be listening to any feed back that my audience will have when viewing this to other peers and fixing any criticism within my field of work. I will also be working on another ident and filming other footage that has had problems featured above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment